Today I am writing with a HUGE grin on my face. I finally hopped on the Instant Pot Instapot bandwagon over Cyber Monday and I’m having so much fun! I’ve made a few recipes already and then decided to jump in and see what I could do on my own! I’ve taken my baked chicken wings recipe and reduced the 4 hour cook time to less than 30 minutes! I think you will love these Instant Pot Chicken Wings, Plus they are keto friendly!!!
Have you jumped on board with an Instapot yet? I love it because I’m saving a lot of time and money! I would say the best thing about it is taking more inexpensive cuts of meat and being able to make them tender, and do it quickly. I really can’t afford the finer cuts of beef so I have a lot of roasts and what not to cook. I tend to put it off because I either need to pull out the smoker or the crockpot which can be a bit of a pain. I’m going to give it a few months, but I might get rid of the crockpot since the Instapot is also a slowcooker!
Struggling with your macros on keto- here’s a link to my favorite macro calculator on the web.
On to the chicken wings! I made these Instant Pot Chicken wings on kind of a whim. I love wings, but they can take a long time to make. I never fry them, I prefer mine coated with spices instead. Pressure cooking the wings does am amazing job at getting the spices into the meat. My long and slow cooking method makes a nice crust of spices, but I could really taste the spice IN the meat, which was awesome! We literally stood at the stove and ate all the wings standing up! They were finger licking good, I kid you not!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Yield 12 wings
Get out your instapot, for these simple, quick and flavorful chicken wings!
Serve with healthy RANCH dressing- my favorite is Primal Kitchen's made with healthy avocado oil and its dairy free! You can save and buy a three pack here! A perfectly healthy keto meal! Use coupon code GROK15 for 15% off!
- 1 1/3 pound chicken wings about 12 wings
- 4 tbs taco seasoning - I get all my spices from Gneiss Spice Company
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked salt
- In a shallow dish mix the spices together
- Roll each wing in the spices gently, the spice don't need to cover the whole wing
- In your instapot- add 1 cup of water
- Add a steamer basket to the bottom of your instapot
- Add your wings to the steamer basket. They can touch but should not be on top of each other. Instead I turned my on their ends to fit the 12
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the pot is set to sealing. Hit Manual and set for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When the pot has cooked for 10 minutes at high pressure, carefully with a pan holder or some hand protection vent the pot.
- Once the pot has come back to regular pressure open the lid and remove the wings to a baking sheet. Broil wings for 10 minutes for crispy skin.
Serving Size 1 wing
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings in Summery:
- Prep and cook in under 30 minutes
- Tender fall of the bone result
- Totally customization of flavors, use your favorite spice, but don’t add more salt!
- Low Carb!
- Delicious with some healthy RANCH dressing- my favorite is Primal Kitchen’s made with healthy avocado oil and its dairy free! You can save and buy a three pack here! A perfectly healthy keto meal! Use coupon code GROK15 for 15% off!
I hope you will give this Instant Pot chicken wings a try! Making lemon pepper chicken wings is a favorite here at home!
P.S. If your making food for a party I also recommend my caramelized onion dip! It’s a crowd favorite!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.