Today I am writing with a HUGE grin on my face. I finally hopped on the Instant Pot Instapot bandwagon over Cyber Monday and I’m having so much fun! I’ve made a few recipes already and then decided to jump in and see what I could do on my own! I’ve taken my baked chicken wings recipe and reduced the 4 hour cook time to less than 30 minutes! I think you will love these Instant Pot Chicken Wings, Plus they are keto friendly!!!
I earn money from purchases made through links on this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why Do I Love the Instant Pot?
Have you jumped on board with an Instapot yet? I love it because I’m saving a lot of time and money!
I would say the best thing about it is taking inexpensive cuts of meat that are usually tough instead of tender and being able to make them tender, quickly.
I really can’t afford the finer cuts of beef like steak very often so I have a lot of roasts that I picked up on sale, to cook. I tend to put it off because I either need to pull out the smoker or the crockpot which can be a bit of a pain. I’m going to give it a few months, but I might get rid of the crockpot since the Instapot is also a slowcooker!
Update– I not used my slowcooker except one holiday recipe (Chex Mix) in nearly 2 years!
Now over two years later, my love affair with the Instant Pot continues and I NEVER use my crockpot. I find that the instant pot cooks flavor into the meat, instead of out. If you are looking for more instant pot recipes, I have a whole page of them here. Soups, meats, and sides all in the instant pot. I just love the way it cooks food!
Do you need to buy a separate steamer basket?
The short answer is no, the little metal trivet that comes with your instant pot will work just fine. Just make sure that the chicken is above the water.
The long answer is the silicon steamer basket I bought in 2016 is well worth the 15 bucks. Mine is over three years old, no wear and tear and I use it all the time!
In this case you can make a double bath when you have a steamer basket. One layer on the metal trivet, put the steamer basket on top and another layer of chicken wings in there. This makes sure they cook evenly.
The Keto Clarity Cookbook- Now Available
If you love the recipes on this site, or are looking for more recipes that are simple and always turn out, check out my cookbook Keto Clarity Cookbook. You can get the book on Amazon or in your local bookstore. I appreciate your support so much!
Here’s what’s included:
- 130+ easy to follow recipes
- Pictures for every single recipe- see examples below
- 8 weeks of meal plans
- 4 weeks of dairy free meal plans
- Over 100 nut free recipes
- Tons of dairy free recipes
- Information on how and why to try a ketogenic diet written my veteran Keto Health Author and Podcastor, Jimmy Moore.
- Moments of Clarity, additional informtion by doctors in the keto community to give more support and information on optimizing your health.
Some Keto Clarity Cookbook Recipes
Will this work with frozen chicken wings, or should they thaw first?
Yes! You can use frozen chicken wings for this recipe. I let mine thaw slightly, just a few minutes, so the spices stick to the wings. Just thaw them enough so they are a little wet and the spices coat the chicken wings well.
Otherwise the recipe is exactly the same if the wings are frozen or not!
On to the chicken wings! I made these Instant Pot Chicken wings on kind of a whim. I love wings, but they can take a long time to make. I never fried them (until I got an air fryer), I prefer mine coated with spices instead.
Pressure cooking the wings does am amazing job at getting the spices into the meat. My long and slow cooking method makes a nice crust of spices, but I could really taste the spice IN the meat, which was awesome! We literally stood at the stove and ate all the wings standing up! They were finger licking good, I kid you not!
The big difference in cooking methods with wings is how tender the meat turns out. I have tired baking low and slow, baking hotter, air frying and of course the Instant Pot. The instant pot produces the most tender results by far. No meat is left on the bone!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings in Summery:
- Prep and cook in under 30 minutes
- Tender fall of the bone result
- Totally customization of flavors, use your favorite spice, but don’t add more salt!
- Low Carb! Zero carb 🙂
- Delicious with some healthy RANCH dressing- my favorite is Primal Kitchen’s made with healthy avocado oil and its dairy free! You can save and buy a three pack here! A perfectly healthy keto meal! Use coupon code GROK15 for 15% off!
What other spices do you recommend for these instant pot wings?
You can use ANY spice blend you would life for this recipe. Some ideas
- Garlic salt and pepper
- Lemon pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic and onion powder with salt
- Poultry seasoning
- Season salt
- Chili powder
Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 1/3 pound chicken wings about 12 wings
- 4 tbs taco seasoning - I get all my spices from Gneiss Spice Company
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked salt
- In a shallow dish mix the spices together
- Roll each wing in the spices gently, the spice don't need to cover the whole wing
- In your instapot- add 1 cup of water
- Add a steamer basket to the bottom of your instapot
- Add your wings to the steamer basket. They can touch but should not be on top of each other. Instead I turned my on their ends to fit the 12
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the pot is set to sealing. Hit Manual and set for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When the pot has cooked for 10 minutes at high pressure, carefully with a pan holder or some hand protection vent the pot.
- Once the pot has come back to regular pressure open the lid and remove the wings to a baking sheet. Broil wings for 10 minutes for crispy skin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 wing
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27 Total Fat: 2g Protein: 2g
I hope you will give this Instant Pot chicken wings a try! Making lemon pepper chicken wings is a favorite here at home!
P.S. If your making food for a party I also recommend my caramelized onion dip! It’s a crowd favorite! It’s a great dip for wings!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.