Chimichurri takes beef to a whole new level. A traditional aioli would have mayo but you can certainly leave it out, as the way you prepare this chimichurri aioli it’s creamy even without the mayo! I love to add the mayo- since it keeps my fats up for the day which helps with my keto diet. Either way this is a delicious low carb, high fat sauce- that doesn’t seem greasy like some keto recipes can!
I earn money from purchases made through links on this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today’s recipe was inspired by a recent trip to an Argentinian steak house. They served endless chimichurri at the table, for bread with butter, and of course to top all the meats.
I love a good steak, and I usually think meat is better left simple, but whoa! I can admit when I am wrong! All beef is amazing with this sauce! Even the roast beef I make is amazing with it! Really the sauce is a perfect way to up the fat content on your keto meals!
Just a side note- keto isn’t just about eating tons of fat, but I personally have a hard time getting enough calories in from fat daily. Adding a sauce like this chimichurri adds fat and flavor which in turn makes meals more satisfying. More satisfying meals means less snacking for me!
You can use this recipe on just about meat you can think of. Today I served it drizzled on a skirt steak. I marinated my steak in equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a good amount of salt. Since the steak is very textured, it holds a marinade well, and I make sure to rub it in.
I added a little avocado oil or bacon grease to my cast iron pan over medium heat. When the oil begins to glisten I add the steak and give it a good press down with the spatula. Cook for 4 minutes and flip. I highly recommend a splatter screen for this, it can be slightly messy!
Another tip- blend up a little extra, or if you know you love chimichurri a lot extra, this sauce is amazing on chicken, fish and even as a salad dressing. If you just mix the sauce with a little red wine wine vinegar its a great tasting dressing. I keep ajar on hand at all times- it’s that good!
The Keto Clarity Cookbook- Now Available
Looking for more awesome keto recipes and tips? Check out my book, Keto Clarity. Available at booksellers everywhere and on Amazon as well!
Here’s what’s included:
- 130+ easy to follow recipes
- Pictures for every single recipe- see examples below
- 8 weeks of meal plans
- 4 weeks of dairy free meal plans
- Over 100 nut free recipes
- Tons of dairy free recipes
- Information on how and why to try a ketogenic diet written my veteran Keto Health Author and Podcastor, Jimmy Moore.
- Moments of Clarity, additional informtion by doctors in the keto community to give more support and information on optimizing your health.
Some Keto Clarity Cookbook Recipes
I’m looking forward to tasting the recipe with fresh herbs from my garden this summer! I bet that will make the flavors really pop!
The Chimichurri Aioli Recipe !
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 6 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 4 TBS oregano- leaves only
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper- can increase if you like things spicier
- A generous 1/3 cup chopped shallot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Mayo- optional
- Add all the ingredients to your jar except the olive oil. Add about half the oil and begin to blend. Once the mix is coming together, add the rest of the olive oil. This ensures you chop up the herbs well
- Let the sauce stand for at least 20 minutes before using to let the flavors combine.
- Mix 2 parts sauce to 1 part mayo for a creamier aioli.
- The sauce should keep well in the fridge for around a week. I make mine right in a jar I have a lid to! Works perfectly!
Helpful Equipment: Stick blender and jar or regular blender
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:4 oz steak with 1 tbsp sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Chimichurri Aioli Recipe!
For a meat and potatoes night try this with my sour cream and onion mashed potatoes recipe.
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.