This baked chicken wing recipe is so simple, it will be your go to for every gameday, potluck and super bowl party! What makes it so special? The cooking method is low and slow, letting the fat melt off these and the flavor baked in!
The super fun thing about this recipe is that it is totally customizable. This is an herb and spice based recipe, and with the carefully constructed herb blends from Gneiss Spice the sky is the limit. I’ve included 2 different fun variations that utilized the super fresh herbs from Gneiss!
If you are intimated by cooking with spices, I urge you to give these blends a try- they make using herbs and spices super simple! Check out my recipe below and the post on Instagram, I’m running a give away for the carnivore spice set, to one lucky person!!
I’ve also asked Beth at Gneiss, to help out my readers with a 20% off discount! The code is REALFOOD2016 and I’m told it is good for 1 month!
The Baked Chicken Wing Recipe
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean Herbs
- 2 teaspoons Steak Herbs
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon habanero salt
- 2 teaspoon salt divided
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees
- Take the Caribbean herbs and 1 teaspoon of salt and mix. Coat half of the chicken wings thoroughly. Don’t worry about too much spice, it mellows over a longer cooking time and some won’t end up sticking. You can roll them in a bowl, or use a zip top bag and shake to coat the wings.
- Take the steak herbs, garlic powder and the habanero salt and mix. Coat the second half of the wings.
- Lay the wings on a wire rack placed on top of baking sheet.
- Cook in the over 3-4 hours. There is some wiggle room here, since the wings have plenty of fat to keep them moist!
- Serve, possibly with a delicious sauce and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 wing
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 81
This post is sponsored by Gneiss Spices! The magnetic spice jars they offer are full of fresh herbs and spices. I’ve been a customer for 2 years and their spice jars have kept my herbs so fresh. In addition, having spices so close at hand makes using them so much easier. It’s a fact, out of sight out of mind! Keep your spices in sight, and have more flavorful dishes!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.