It’s the final count down to Christmas and I have one final gift to share. I already created one little gift guide called healthy gift baskets, but today is a bit different. You see I am passionate about the importance of sleep and how crucial it is for our health. With some creativity you can give the gift of sleep!
Sleep is when our body repairs it’s self and our minds rest. Thousands of bodily processes happen ONLY when we sleep adequately. Not only that but regularly not getting 7+ hours of sleep per night causes your brain to age prematurely. I think the very best gift we can give is the gift of sleep to our friends, family and ourselves. Here are some thoughtful ways to help them get a good nights sleep!
Sleep, AHHH my very best friend. Now we are talking! Below are some gift ideas big and small to bring the gift of sleep to everyone around you. I have used, or use all of these items and give them my full recommendation!
Giving the Gift of Sleep
- Sleeping mask! A sleeping mask can help you fall asleep in any place with a little too much light. They are great for travel, hotel rooms or even at home if your blinds are not doing the job. There are a lot of different materials, and styles to choose from so read reviews to see how people like them. If you are giving as a gift keep the receipt just in case!
- Headphones for sleep! Give the CozyPhones a try if you know someone who likes to listen to music or podcasts to wind at night.
- Lavender and Cedarwood essential oils. These are my two favorite essential oils for relaxing and restful sleep. I use them in a diffuser and on my skin each night. Lavender oil helps my body relax and Cedarwood helps my mind slow down. Love them both!
- I think what you sleep in and on will make a HUGE difference in the quality of your sleep. The gift of some breathable organic cotton sheets is perfect!
- My favorite pillow of all time is the shredded latex pillow from bedrooms and more. You can check it out on their website and read my shredded latex pillow review here!
- Blackout blinds or curtains! This is a hard one to buy since you need to know the window sizes, but I was very impressed with the customer service from Blinds.com – perhaps a gift card is in order. In addition to my blinds I sewed blackout fabric behind my curtains and now the bedroom is pitch black! This is the blackout fabric I used and it’s pretty cheap too!
- Organic Wool anything is great for sleep as it breaths and wicks away moisture for better temperature regulation. I think some wool PJ’s would be a great gift! I love every items I’ve ever ordered from smartwool. You can get some of their stuff on Amazon or go to smartwool.com
- Essential Oil Diffuser– I love having the relaxing smells calm me at night as well as adding a bit of humidity for our house. This is the one I have used for the past 2 years.
- A clean room! Perhaps you cannot clean someones bedroom for them, but a few hours from a maid or a home organizer can make a world of difference. Having a calm serene bedroom to retreat to each night has made a world of difference in my sleep lately.
- One of the best solutions for learning how to get a restful nights sleep, is the book Well Rested- The Natural Soulution to A great Night’s Sleep on sale for just $24.98. In the author’s own words
” The best thing about this sleeping technique you’re going to discover is that it doesn’t cost you a fortune on expensive unnatural, addictive medications or complicated long-term sleep therapy.“
“When it comes to sleep problems and stress, the ultimate “trigger” to your lack of sleep and insomnia is your MIND.
With this comprehensive 83-page digital program you’re about to get access to, you will pinpoint the exact causes of your sleep deprivation and discover proven, tested sleeping strategies that combine 1000-year-old mindfulness techniques and modern science”
I hope your having a merry holiday!
P.S. Check out my healthy holiday gift baskets ideas!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.