I am so excited to share another instant pot recipe with you today! Today’s breakfast burrito casserole uses a instant pot method called pot in pot cooking. This means you use an oven safe dish inside your instant pot. It works great for smaller casseroles!
One of the fun things about the instant pot, is experimenting with faster ways to cook meals. If you can learn easy ways to get breakfast, lunch or dinner prepared, eating real food becomes much, much easier.
This breakfast casserole is the pinnacle of easy cooking. Nothing needs to be cooked ahead, a little bit of chopping and you have a fantastic meal ready in no time at all. All this breakfast burrito casserole needs is a few eggs, potato, ham, onion, pepper and spices.
I used a small cake pan I had on hand, that holds about 3 cups. If you have a larger pan, I would just prepare another potato and add 1 -2 more eggs. If you are increasing the recipe, I would bump cooking time to around 20 minutes.
Once your filling is done, load up a tortilla, add some salsa or avocado and enjoy! Super simple, delicious and totally customizable! Breakfast has never been so easy!
Instant Pot Breakfast Burrito Casserole
Yield 6 tacos
Get breakfast burritos on the table super fast! Perfect for brunch or breakfast for dinner.
- 4 eggs
- 2 pound red potatoes- cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 6 oz ham steak cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mesquite seasoning
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp taco seasoning- instead of mesquite and chili powder use what you have on hand/like.
- Burrito toppings- You might like: Salsa, avocado, hot sauce and marinated red onions.
- Tortillas- we tried the new Siete coconut flour ones and enjoyed them a lot!
- In a medium bowl mix together the salt, seasonings and eggs and 1 tablespoon water. Beat the egg gently until the yokes are broken up. Like you would a scramble.
- Add your onions, potatoes, ham and jalapeno to the bowl.
- Add the mixture to the pot you plan to use inside your instant pot. If your pot has a lid use it, if not, use foil to cover the pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add the trivet that came with your instant pot to the bottom of the pot.
- On the trivet place the covered pan with the egg mixture.
- Make sure the pot is set to sealing and cook on manual for 13 minutes.
- Once the pot is done cooking it will beep. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully remove the pan from your instant pot.
- Fill your burritos!
- In a skillet I heated up the tortillas for a few seconds on each side. In each burrito I added a few scoops of the egg mixtures, a slice of avocado, salsa and red onions. My husband added hot sauce to his!
- Wrap up and enjoy.
- Leftover filling can be saved in an airtight container in the fridge and used for more burritos later!
Helpful equipment: You need an Instant Pot and another oven safe baking dish that fits inside the instant pot for this recipe. I used a small cake pan, that holds about 3 cups. I have linked to something similar to what I used, but I got mine a long time ago when I baked my own wedding cake. Make sure to measure so your baking vessel fits in your instant pot!
Serving Size 1/6th egg filling and 1 siete coconut and cassava tortilla
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you have enjoyed this easy breakfast burrito casserole! I love wrapping my burritos up with a little marinated red onions! The perfect flavor pop!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.