This recipe for lime marinated red onions is something I have been meaning to put on the blog for you for a long time! Use this “relish” on tacos, salads, over meat, even in eggs! I whip this up a jar at a time and keep it in the fridge for a week!
This recipe makes a lot- I love to use it for taco night, on top of salads and topping my Paleo taco soup! These marinated onions are also delicious in wraps!! The trick to it is so slice up your onions very thin.
Lime Marinated Red Onions
Yield 1 cup
This will become your favorite new topping for just about everything!
- 1 cup diced red onion- slightly less than half a large red onion
- 1/2 Tbs salt
- Juice of 1 lime - 1/4 cup
- Chop your red onion. I slice it very thin and then chop into pieces. The smaller the pieces the better.
- In a medium sized bowl add the onions salt and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Let sit for about and hour on the counter or longer covered in the fridge.
- Use within a few days. I store mine in smaller glass containers like these to keep things fresh!
Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you have enjoyed my lime marinated red onions! If you love lime, you might like my lime cabbage slaw!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.