Are you looking for some simple recipes to help you on your paleo/real food journey? I had the opportunity to review a copy of my friends at Read Simple Good‘s new e-book, 30 Minute Paleo Meals and I LOVED it! Today I get to share their recipe for Paleo Chili! YUM!
Graciously they have allowed me to post one of their recipes here, so you guys can get a flavor of what they are offering. I would never promote or even mention a book/product/service that I didn’t adore and use myself. The pictures of the recipe I’ve shared were taken in my OWN kitchen, after following the recipe myself! I had to test them out before I could recommend them to you guys!
A quick run down of the book. There are 30 recipes in the book, plus some custom spice blends at the end. Each recipe has 7 ingredients or less, and will take around 30 minutes to make. I think this book is great for people who are newer to Paleo. This diet can be overwhelming to people just starting out, with a long list of No’s. But if you can instead focus on what you CAN have and fun new recipes to try, I think just about anyone can have success.
Check out the recipe for their Sweet Potato Chili below and click here to check out the book!
Did I mention the book is ONLY 8 dollars and has 30 recipes!! That price is seriously too low! Hurry!
The Sweet Potato Paleo Chili Recipe
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed (or 2 cups cubed butternut squash)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 batch chili seasoning
1. Cut up bell peppers, sweet potato or butternut squash, and green
2. Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add crushed tomatoes,
tomato paste, bell peppers, and sweet potato to the pot. Cover and let
cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a separate skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef. Break beef
into small bits and cook until browned.
4. While ground beef is cooking, prepare chili seasoning. When beef is
almost fully cooked, stir in chili seasoning.
5. After 20 minutes, add cooked ground beef to soup pot and half of the
chopped green onion. Turn the heat down to low, and simmer covered
for 5 more minutes.
6. Ladle chili into bowls, garnish with the rest of the green onion, and
Helpful equipment: Large cast iron pot for even cooking like this one!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306
I hope you will enjoy this Paleo Chili as much as I did!
This 30 minute Paleo Meals eCookbook includes 30 simple Paleo meals all with 7 ingredients or less. You’ll get:
- 30 quick and easy Paleo recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less and have 7 ingredients or less
- Easy to follow recipes with basic ingredients you can find at most stores
- Each recipe is designed to be an entire meal (not just a featured chicken or fish recipe)
- A variety of main dishes including chicken, beef, pork, seafood, and breakfast recipes
- Full-color photos of each recipe on every page for inspiration
- A linked table of contents so you can jump directly to any recipe
- A print-friendly version of each recipe without the photo
This soup goes great with a side a cornbread! Try my gluten free old fashioned cornbread!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.