I am so excited today to share a recipe for spiced coffee. I made this recipe for a party this year on a whim and it was a hit! I’ve been asked to share how I made this simple drink many times and I finally obliged.
How delicious is the perfect cup of coffee? Can it even be described? At our house we are pretty old school and drink mostly black coffee, we don’t use milk or sugar or flavored creamers. Instead coffee here is about freshly ground beans, and a nice big mug. That makes today’s recipe pretty unique. It says a lot that I would create a spiced coffee recipe and that my husband would not only drink it, but love it.
A couple of notes on the recipe, I use a bit of simple syrup in it, as otherwise the flavors sit on top of the coffee instead of mixing in. Additionally don’t mix or drink this out of plastic. The essential oils will breakdown plastic very fast, and no one wants a damaged pitcher or cup, or to be drinking plastic!
Otherwise this is a really easy recipe, feel free to double, triple etc.. it and make it ahead. It makes for a great drink to serve at a party. Not only can people who prefer not to drink alcohol have something, I had a few friends mixing rum into their cups with delicious results!
Yield 4 cups
A simple twist on classic coffee, perfect for a party or a warm spring morning.
- Measure out the 4 cups of cold brew coffee. This is ready to drink cold brew, not concentrate. If your cold brew is concentrated, make 4 cups of diluted cold brew.
- In a small, non plastic dish, measure out the simple syrup. Add 3 drops cinnamon, 2 drops nutmeg, 2 drops orange and 1 drop clove oil. If you do not like clove, leave it out, as it has a very strong flavor. Mix the oils and the syrup well with a spoon, then add to the coffee. Stir to combine.
- We love ours served over ice, or coconut milk frozen into ice cubes!
Helpful Equipment: Small glass pitcher
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Life Essentials: everyday health, beauty and wellbeing private Facebook group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.