Do you love a good chili recipe? We don’t eat beans but we do love chili! To fill in for the missing beans I created this Mexican chili recipe with corn and some spice!
Today’s recipe is a fall favored, one pot Mexican chili recipe! Not technically paleo, as it includes corn, but if you can tolerate some organic corn, it’s a fun addition to this chili recipe. You probably have a lot of these ingredients on hand and you can use fresh chopped tomatoes as well if that’s what you have. I would say this is a perfect, one pot Mexican corn chili recipe for soup lovers and spice lovers!
The Mexican Chili Recipe
- 2 TBS cooking fat
- 2 cups corn- about 2 ears
- 5 hot peppers – can reduce or increase to taste preferences. If you like it really hot add more!
- 2 medium onions- 4 cups chopped
- 2 lbs stew meat chopped or ground beef
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 TBS salt
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Chop up your garlic, onion, peppers, remove corn from the cob as well.
- In your heavy bottomed pan, add the cooking fat and turn to medium heat. Add the garlic and corn.
- Cook 5 minutes
- Move corn to one side of the pan and add the stew meat – cook 6 minutes
- Add the salt, chili powder and cumin to the pan and stir.
- Add peppers, onions and tomatoes and cook uncovered for 30 min, stirring every few minutes. This allows the soup’s liquid to reduce a bit. If it’s at the thickness you like cover at any point in the cooking process
Helpful Equipment- Large Heavy bottomed stock pot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 725 Total Fat: 44g Carbohydrates: 33g Protein: 49g
I hope you give this a try and enjoyed my Mexican Chili recipe!
P.S. I love to serve this chili with my gluten free cornbread!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.