Are you wondering how to get the benefits of essential oils? Maybe you have heard about improved sleep with lavender oil online or from a friend. Below is a list of way you can get started using lavender right away to reduce stress, and improve your sleep, my two favorite uses for lavender. If you are looking for the fastest results read though the below tips and implement a couple starting tonight!
- Apply topically to the bottom of your feet. The pores on the bottom of you feet are large, its a great way to get any essential oil into your system. Try this–> take 2 drops of lavender and a pea sized drop of coconut or other fatty cooking oil and mix together in your palms and then rub on your feet.
- Breath Deeply! Another great way to enjoy the benefits of lavender oil is to put one drop on the palms of your hands. Cup your hands around your face and inhale. When you inhale a scent through the nose, airborne molecules contact your olfactory organs and the brain right away. The molecules are also carried through the nose or mouth and brought to the lungs and the respiratory system. Essential oils can affect the body through several different systems and pathways.
- Diffuse your air! If you have a great essential oil diffuser add a few drops of lavender to your water. My favorite diffuser is included in the the starter kit and it is a humidifier as well and runs for up to 4 hours. Try putting one on your nightstand!
- Baths! Epsom salt baths are a great way to relax and you can take it up another level by adding some lavender to the bath! Since oil and water do not mix, first put 2-3 drops of lavender into one cup of epsom salts and mix together. Run you bath as warm as you like it and add the mix. Soak for at least 20 min to get the full benefits.
- Facial Massage- If you feel best when you take action, try doing a self facial massage with lavender oil. This video will show you how. If your partner is the one with the stress do them a favor, and ask them if you can “practice” on them. I know they will thank you for it! Click here for the video. I recommend using either straight lavender oil, which is great for the skin, or about 3 drops lavender and a small amount of Emu or Jojoba oil.
- Full Body Massage- I just learned for a great local massage therapist that she uses straight coconut oils for all her clients. Per her recommendation, that is what I am also going to suggest. There are a few ways to get a full body massage with essential oils. First you can learn some massage techniques from my favorite massage teacher Joe- here. Then you and you partner can trade off giving massages to one another. Either mix your coconut oil with the lavender oil ahead of time, or drop one drop of lavender oil per area of the body before you start massaging it. You can also call up you local massage therapist and ask if they will use your essential oils, most are open to it!
- Linen Spray- In a 4 oz stainless steel spray bottle or glass spray bottle, add 20 drops of lavender oil to the water. Shake well and spray on sheets, pillows or even yourself! Lavender is also amazing for skin health, so you can travel with this spray and will spray yourself in the face before hitting the sheets at night.
- Deep Breathing- At night find a nice breathing rhythm that helps your mind and body slow down. Try, 5 counts in your nose, hold 2 counts, 7 counts out your mouth. A long exhale helps to slow your body down. You can do this while simple holding the lavender bottle under your nose.
Any combination of the above should help you wind down for the evening. Looking for the fastest and most proven way to help you fall asleep faster? Pick a few and do them consistently. Soon tossing and turning will just be an faded memory!
Great news- you can get started with lavender oil and a diffuser at a discount! Try out the Premium Starter kit for the best results!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.