Earlier this week I shared my simple recipe for baked brie with honey and cashews. It’s a delicious caramelly, appetizer that is a real crowd pleaser, but you need something to actually scoop that warm, melty, cheesy into yo mouth! Today I am giving you some tried and true serving suggestions.
I earn money from purchases made through links on this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What to serve with baked brie may sound easy, crackers and toast points, right? But you can really take your flavors up a level when you pair certain fruits, herbs and textures with baked brie. Plus it is easy to offer some different things on the board to keep thing low carb and keto!
It’s a dish that can go savory or sweet depending on your mood and serving setting. Desert cheese plate? Or pre-dinner warmup? Take a look below and see what suits you! Lots of low carb and keto charcuterie options are included below as well.
All About Brie
I love the brie cheese from Costco. I believe it is imported from France.
You can use Brie with rind on or off. If you prefer to eat brie without the rind, I would score around the top with a knife and gently lift off the rind on the top part of the wheel.
What to Serve with Baked Brie
- Low Carb Earthy crackers with pepper and rosemary are wonderful to pair with a buttery cheese- works for appetizer or desert plate. Try the Mediterranean blend of Jillz Crackers, which are a very low carb cracker option.
- Keto Super seeded crackers/flax crackers– Flackers has a great variety of flavors going from more savory to more sweet. These work as a cracker and are very low carb, they are different than a traditional cracker in texture and flavor- works for appetizer or desert plate
- Apples and Pears– the cool fruit with a spread of warm cheese is a perfect bite – Especially great for a after dinner cheese plate, but can go either way, very traditional baked brie accompaniment
- Plain bread– my baked brie has a few flavors going on, so some basic sourdough type bread is a safe and delicious bet – works for appetizer or desert plate. I love slices of my keto everything rolls to fill in for a carb laden bread.
- Toasted bread– At my last party the toasted bread was gone about 5 times faster than anything else. Look for a gluten free baguette from a local store. Before I bake my brie, I brush the slices with some herbed olive oil and put in the 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. It doesn’t brown, but it is lightly crisped. I prefer this for an appetizer set up.
- Toasted KETO Bread– I LOVE my keto everything rolls thinly sliced and toasted. Since the bread is more wet than a traditional bread, I usually slice with a bread knife thinly, and bake on a sheet at 300 for 20 or more minutes until crisp. It takes some patience to get that bread to crisp up, but it’s worth it. I will finish under the broiler with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Incredibly delicious!
- Jams– fruit jams are a great addition to a creamy cheese. Strawberry and fig are popular choices – sweeter jams are great for desert set ups.
- Keto Fruit Spread– Instead of a traditional jam, but to get the same effect I will warm up some raspberries or blackberries in a small amount of water. Let warm and smash with a fork, pour over the wheel of baked brie. You can also do a drizzle of a fruit flavored balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with a warm side of mushed up roasted garlic. Yummy for a appetizer set up!
- A classic combination is meat and cheese, try a prosciutto, salami, and sopressa- Also great for a pre-dinner appetizer
- Caramelized onions– I like to warm a small dish of the onions up after blending them a bit, for a kind of onion jam – Can go either way, but onions are a little more on the savory side. I usually have some on hand since I make big batches of caramelized onions in my slowcooker, just make sure to drain them well or it will be watery.
- Anyway you can include sun dried tomatoes – I like to serve in a small dish or even right atop the brie- great for an appetizer
- I love veggie slices with my brie, but it’s not usually as popular as other sides I set out – Better for appetizer cheese plates
- Grapes– and if you really want to impress your friends, try the roasted grapes from Recipes to Nourish! – Amazing for an after dinner cheese plate
- Pretzel chips, those flat salty chips stand up to even the thickest toppings- Better before dinner
- Any stone fruit– peaches, pears and nectarines are a match made in heaven with brie and honey – Perfect for after dinner
Now I am going to take you through 2 different set ups, so you have some ideas of what would pair well together.
What to Serve with Baked Brie- Appetizer set up
- Baked brie with honey and a balsamic drizzle after you remove it from the oven.
- Seeded crackers or the flax ones I mentioned above ( I have seen flackers at my regular grocery store)
- Thinly sliced apples or pears
- Roasted Garlic in a small dish
- Sun dried tomatoes
- An assortment of cured meats like a hard sliced salami
- Cucumber sliced on the bias
What to Serve with Baked Brie- Desert set up
- Baked brie with honey
- Strawberry or fig jam, or my warm keto “jam” from above
- Thinly sliced pears
- A small ramekin of assorted salted nuts
- Roasted grapes
- Sliced peaches or other stone fruit.
- Slightly warmed baguette slices or flatbread/keto bread
What to Serve with Baked Brie- Low Carb and Keto set up
- Baked Brie without Honey- You can still top with nuts or serve nuts on the side. A drizzle of olive oil, balsamic and some flaky salt is surprisingly tasty while being equal as tasty.
- Cucumbers slices
- Toasted keto bread– Takes a little extra time to toast
- Mixed nuts
- Crispy pepperoni chips
- Jillz crackers – a lower carb cracker you can find in some stores and online
- Simple roasted garlic spread
- An assortment of cured meats like a hard sliced salami or prosciutto
The Keto Clarity Cookbook- Now Available
If you love the recipes on this site, or are looking for more recipes that are simple and always turn out, check out my cookbook Keto Clarity Cookbook. You can get the book on Amazon or in your local bookstore. I appreciate your support so much!
- 130+ easy to follow recipes
- Pictures for every single recipe- see examples below
- 8 weeks of meal plans
- 4 weeks of dairy free meal plans
- Over 100 nut free recipes
- Tons of dairy free recipes
- Information on how and why to try a ketogenic diet written my veteran Keto Health Author and Podcastor, Jimmy Moore.
- Moments of Clarity, additional informtion by doctors in the keto community to give more support and information on optimizing your health.
Some Keto Clarity Cookbook Recipes
I hope this simple guide gives you some help and inspiration this holiday party season! Believe me with a good baked brie up your sleeve, you are 15 minutes and 1 short grocery trip to a very elegant and delicious dish. Dress your table up or down, but make sure there is room for a crowd, as people don’t stray far from a good baked brie. Again, here is the recipe for the baked brie
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.