I am always on a quest to make the most of my garden. Sometimes this means eating things my husband or myself are not crazy about. If you’re a garden addict like me, sometime you plant a fruit or veggie simply because it is cool…not because you want to eat it. Thus was the case with this…
When all is said and done its just a giant cauliflower, but on looks alone my husband was not going to eat it. He doesn’t appreciate awesome heirloom veggies like I do!! Anywaysss, soup did the trick! And it was mighty tasty if I do say so myself!
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion
- 5-7 cloves garlic
- Herb-ed Salt, or salt and your favorite dried or fresh herbs
- 2-3 tbs cooking fat
- 2 cups broth- chicken bone broth prefered
- 2 cups water
- Add your cooking fat to your pot. Warm it up on low.
- Toss in your cut up cauliflower
- While the cauliflower cooks chop your onion.
- Add the onion over the cauliflower and stir. Turn the heat to medium.
- Finally smash up some garlic, I went for about 5, you could certainly do more if you wanted a more garlic flavor. I do that smashing trick to get it out of the peel and then I roughly chopped it. Stir that in.
- Let it all cook together for about 5-10 more minutes. You want the onions to hit the point where they are translucent.
- Add the broth and water.
- Cover with your lid and cook for 20 min.
- Stick in your blender or transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth. – IF you are blending in a regular blender make sure you vent the lid in some way, blending hot stuff can cause the lid to pop off!
- Serve with a garnish of herbed salt over the top!
- Enjoy warm and store any leftovers is airtight tupperware or glass jars!
Helpful Equipment- Large heavy bottomed pot or dutch over, immersion blender or regular blender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. Looking for more soups? Try my curried pumpkin soup!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.