If you checked out the best keto ice cream recipe I shared, you may of noticed a chocolate shell in some of the pictures! It’s true I have created a three ingredient sugar free chocolate sauce that has a hint of salted caramel flavor! It’s to die for!
I love this recipe because it takes about 5 minutes to make and it so darn tasty! Not only is it tasty, but it’s a healthy chocolate sauce as well. Coconut oil is the base and it’s flavored with perfect keto salted caramel collagen. This adds a great boost of collagen to the mixture and flavors the sugar free chocolate sauce as well, so you get that caramel, salty goodness!
The sauce becomes more like a magic shell when it hits cold ice cream. Its fun, and you get a little crunchy bit in every bite of ice cream. I highly recommend having a keto sundae night with my scoopable vanilla ice cream, this sugar free chocolate sauce and some chopped nuts and maybe a few berries over the top, whipped cream too? Sure why not!
Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce Ingredient Tips:
For this recipe I recommend using a regular coconut oil that is solid at room temperature. I get the big tub from Costco that lasts us a while! If you use a liquid/fractionated coconut oil it won’t be “magic” and turn solid when poured over the ice cream. It should work with either as a sauce though.
I use a good quality, fair trade cocoa from my grocery store. I’ve used this brand called Dagoba for a long time and the taste is not bitter and it mixes well. You can use any you’d like to have on hand, just make sure it is unsweetened. You can get Dagoba on Amazon.
This recipe works with just three ingredients, but to make the chocolate flavor pop adding a bit of vanilla is recommend. If you don’t have any on hand you can leave it out. If you want to go crazy, sub in a little scrape of vanilla bean. That would be out of this world!
Why Add Collagen?
I personally am always looking for ways to get my collagen into my day. Here are some of the benefits to collagen.
- Longer, stronger hair. Not only does collagen make up hair tissue, generally on the keto diet people lose some hair due to decreased protein intake. Quality matters and the perfect keto collage is from grass-fed animals.
- Collagen protein can support joints, ligaments, and other connective tissues and is highly bioavailable, meaning your body can absorb it and use it quickly and efficiently.
- Appearance of skin- I notice my skin is smoother and more elastic when using collagen regularly. Collagen can increase the hydration of skin. Think more plump youthful skin!
- Great to take in the evening, collagen relaxes muscles. Meaning easier sleep!
- Also supports the lining of your gut. I take extra collagen if I have had any stomach discomfort, it is very soothing.
- Contains an important compound called glycine. Google that one up!
I like the perfect keto collagen because it also has some MCT in is and it’s sweetened with Stevia. I trust their products, they have clean ingredients and I have seen nothing but integrity in their business since I found it a couple years ago.
I use both their collagen and MCT powder fairly regularly. I have not tried the Krill oil but am interested in trying it when I re-order. You can save 15% off at their store with code REALFOOD15 .
Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce Tips
- Sauce will harden when cold. Refrigerate any extra and scoop out, then gently re-heat when the ice cream attack comes knocking.
- The collagen may make the sauce look a little grainy or change the color a bit. This is normal and as long as it’s not lumpy it won’t effect the mouth feel when used.
- Grab the perfect keto collagen to give the sauce its salted caramel flavor. I like it because it also has some MCT in is and it’s sweetened with Stevia.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 3 tablespoons salted caramel perfect keto collagen powder
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined and smooth.
- To store, pour into an airtight container.
- To use again scoop out of container and heat gently over low heat until pourable again.
The collagen makes the sauce look a little grainy, but it isn't. Just stir well and pour onto ice cream or anything else that needs chocolate sauce over the top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 28mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Pretty much any recipe would be great dipped in chocolate? I was thinking these coconut macaroons might be the next victim!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.