Tacos are one of the best ways for you to use up leftovers! This makes them often a money saving meal! This recipe uses just a few ingredients but the end result is mouthwatering!
Switch up the meat for what you have on hand, add cheese or not, use any taco shell you want, make it a soft taco or a lettuce wrap! All of these options will be delicious! All I know is, we ate these three nights in a row until we ran out!!
The slaw used in this recipe tastes best if it has a little time to marinate, so start with that and let it sit at least twenty minutes. The green onions are really key in this recipe! Don’t add them to the slaw, instead add them as the end straight to the taco, trust me on this one!
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 drops lime vitality essential oil – The ONLY oils I use in cooking at 24% off!
- 1 green onion
- 1-2 cups chopped meat- we used smoked beef rib roast – recipe coming soon!
- 1 tablespoon oil, like avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Taco shells, paleo friendly wraps (this one seems delicious or lettuce leaves
- Shredded Cheese- optional
- Chop your cabbage up into small strips. Think coleslaw sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add the cabbage and sprinkle with salt.
- In a small bowl or cup mix the lime juice, lime oil and olive or avocado oil. Mix well and then add to the bowl with the cabbage, toss to coat and let sit at least 20 minute to marinate.
- Preheat your oven to about 350 degrees!
- Place your taco shells on a cookie sheet.
- Chop up the meat you will be using and wrap in foil. Add the foil packet to the cookie sheet.
- In your oven, place the cookie sheet and let the meat and shells warm for 10 minutes.
- Shred cheese if using and finely slice the green onions!
- Assemble your tacos! If using cheese start with that first as it will slightly melt between the warm shell and the warm meat. Then add the cabbage mix and top with green onions!
Helpful Equipment- Cookie Sheet, Small Tongs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 taco in shell
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322
I hope you enjoyed these beef tacos with lime cabbage slaw!
P.S. I love to make this onion dip on taco night!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.