Oh boy, can you tell I am excited about the Instant Pot aka the Instapot? I’ve created a bunch of new recipes for it lately. If you follow me on Instagram, I often post of my experiments in my stories as I make them! The videos are riveting I’m sure! If I told you, you can easily make a roasted garlic spread, with just three ingredients, would you be blown away? I was surprised how well making roasted garlic in the instant pot went. It was SO easy and quick, I will never do it in the oven again!
You can use this roasted garlic spread for sandwiches, on a cheese plate, in eggs or even mixed into other dressings or dips! Roasted garlic is incredibly versatile!
Cooking garlic in the instant pot makes the process was easier, faster and cleaner then the regular foil in the oven way and I’m sure it takes less electricity as well!
What I love about little hacks like this, is you can have amazing ingredients on hand for easy meal prep. Even if you eat the same foods over and over, adding a simple, flavorful addition makes eating healthy food WAY more exciting! If you are a meal prep person think about keeping some simple flavor enhancers on hand that you can prep in bulk as well. It’s an easy way to eat the same thing over and over without getting bored. I like this roasted garlic, my chimichurri aioli and my marinated red onions to have on hand at all times. They all can spruce up a protein, go great on eggs and work in soups and salads- talk about versatility!
Roasted Garlic Spread- Instant Pot
Yield 6 garlic heads
The easy way to roasted garlic spread! Use your Instant Pot to steam the garlic for perfectly cooked garlic ready for mashing!
- 5 or 6 whole garlic heads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste - I used a smoked salt called bonfire I got from Gneiss Spice
- Add 2/3 cup water to your Instant Pot
- Insert a steamer basket into your Instapot
- Chop the top off each head of garlic. See pictures for examples.
- In a single layer add the garlic heads to your steamer basket.
- Drizzle the olive oil directly onto each head.
- Close the pot and lock it.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes let the pot come down to normal pressure and then open the pot. Carefully remove the garlic to a work surface.
- Sprinkle the hot garlic with salt.
- Once the garlic is cool to the touch, begin removing the cloves from the head. I did this by pinching the root area and a lot of the cloves would just pop right out. They will be mushy. I did this over a baking sheet at my kitchen table since it took a few minutes.
- In a small bowl take all the cloves of garlic and smash them with a fork until a paste forms!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container and use as needed!
Serving Size about 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
How to store roasted garlic? I like to mash it up right in a medium sized tupperware and it can last in the fridge a while. At least a week in my experience. You are totally welcome to reduce or increase the amount of garlic you put in your instapot, just keep it to one layer in the steamer basket.
Final note- if you have never made anything with the Instant pot follow manufacturers the instructions on how to set everything up. These instructions assume you know how to use an Instant pot at a basic level! If you need help leave a comment and I will walk you through it!
I hope you give this roasted garlic in the Instant Pot a try! It makes a killer garlic spread!
P.S. A little scoop of this would be a yummy addition to my caramelized onion dip! YUM!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.