Tired of steamed broccoli? Try a quick sear with a few spice to make broccoli new again! Easy, quick and delicious- seared broccoli!
Get your veggies in daily with this unique, quick and flavorful broccoli recipe. Pan seared to cook quickly, and spiced up with red pepper, citrus and a balsamic glaze. All I know is I hate broccoli and even I will have this! Try it with your kids!
The Seared Broccoli Recipe
The perfect quick and healthy side dish!
- 10 oz broccoli
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar–> Get great deals of real food staples at Thrive!
- 1 drop tangerine vitality essential oil –> The ONLY oils I use in cooking at 24% off!
- 2 drops Lemon vitality essential oil –> The ONLY oils I use in cooking at 24% off!
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated cheese- optional
- Separate your broccoli into florets and then slice in half, from top to bottom
- Add your essential oils to your balsamic vinegar so you are ready to use it!
- In your pan add a thin layer of olive oil, about two to three tablespoons depending on pan size.
- Add the garlic and let cook stirring occasionally for 2-3 min over medium low heat
- Add the sliced florets and cook 7-10min turning once.
- Remove the pan contents to a shallow bowl or plate and top with grated cheese if using and the crushed red pepper flakes.
- In your still hot plan dump the balsamic and oils and let cooks for a quick 30 seconds or so, until it gets a little thick. It will bubble up real good, and it will get thicker.
- Drizzle the thickened balsamic over your broccoli. You may need a spatula to get it all out since it will be thick
- Serve and enjoy! The sauce this makes is great sopped up with some warm gluten free bread or something similar! YUM!
Helpful Equipment- 8 or 12 inch skillet, spatula
Courses Side Dish
Serving Size 1/4th recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you give this a try and enjoyed my seared broccoli recipe!
P.S. Looking for a great main dish to serve with this broccoli? Try my skirt steak with chimichurri aioli! Also quick and delicious!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.