This is part of an ongoing educational series on essential oils. Today’s topic is all about ravintsara essential oil. In later parts of this series I will be talking about aromatherapy recipes for stress, bergamot essential oil and much more. I recently talked all about Manuka Essential Oil and how to use it. I also have a part one of essential oils for skincare. Stay tuned for more!
Today you are going to learn about a very special essential oil. Ravintsara essential oil is truly amazing and as my heading suggests it can help support you during times of grief and sadness. Often times clients ask me about sharing oils with loved ones or friends who have hit a rough patch in life, possibly they just lost a loved one. Ravintsara can be that helping hand. The loss of relationship, pet, person or friendship can be devastating. It hurts our minds and the void can feel impossible to fill. Grief and saddness are part of the cycle of life and learning to express the emotion and then let is go, will serve you for life.
As you learned in my recent list of 31 aromatherapy recipes for stress:
- Emotions and the formation of memories and learning are the job of the limbic system of the brain.
- The emotional center of the brain- the limbic system- can only be altered with SMELL! This is why we have scent memory!
- Pure essential oils have the power to change your emotions for the better. When feeling stress or overwhelm, essential oils can and should be our first line of defense!
All this is why we can use different oils to help us process and release different emotions!
A Little Background on Ravintsara Essential Oil:
- A fresh, clean scent similar to eucalyptus. It has an woodsy and peppery notes as well.
- Can this Oil be used for Pets? Yes. Can be used on dogs, I would not use it on cats, although I have diffused around my cat with no issues.
- Note about Animal Use: Some essential oils can be very toxic to cats particularly if they are not therapeutic grade. Please consult your vet if you are not sure about applying any essential oil to your pet.
- Dilution: adults mix 1:1 carrier oil. Dilute further for kids and pets. Please only use pure oils on the skin of people and animals. You will only get results with real essential oils.
- My favorite blends that contains Ravintsara are SniffleEase and Raven. SniffleEase is a respiratory and immune supporting blend that is pre-diluted for kids. Raven is similar but not diluted.
- As you can see ravintsara is similar to eucalyptus in that it is known for respiratory support. It is a bit gentler and they is why it can be found in a kids blend.
- An interesting point to note– ravintsara is known to support the lungs and in Chinese Medicine, grief is known as the emotion of the lungs. Very interesting how all of this connects!
Ravintsara and Emotions
Here are the feelings that ravintsara can help with. If the below sounds like you I suggest trying this oil! As we have already learned, we can affect our emotions through smell, so inhaling straight from the bottle or diffusing oils is an effective way to utilize essential oils for emotions. You can also apply this oil diluted to your temples.
- Inhaling ravintsara can give you a boost of positive thought and feelings of hope.
- Uplift your mood and bring energy- perfect for when sadness is preventing you from accomplishing work.
- Relax your mind
- Brings joy and hope
- Clears confusion and helps focus your mind
- Releases grief, and nervous tension.
- Stops a negative mind spiral- perfect for people feeling stressed at bedtime!
Blends well with:
- Eucalyptus and oils in the wood, mint and citrus families.
- Tea tree
- Black Pepper
I only use and trust one brand of essential oils. The brand where I can walk onto the farm and see the planting of non GMO seeds, hand weeding and careful distillation and bottling of pure essential oils myself. Learn more about these oils here.
I hope this article on ravintsara essential oil can be a good resource to you!
P.S. Learn more about one of my favorite oils to beat bad moods- Bergamot essential oil!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.