Seriously, how many times have you tried to bake chicken and it was not crispy! I can make crispy chicken all day in a cast iron skillet, but sometimes I don’t want grease all over my stove. SOLUTION! I’ve made the ultimate, gluten free crispy baked chicken!
This chicken recipe is something I have been making a version of for a loooong time! I think I have finally mastered it and now I can share it with you! Chicken can be a straight up pain in the butt to cook. It’s so easy to over cook and I find that fussy! To combat this I arm myself with a trusty meat thermometer and use cooking methods that don’t dry out meat. That’s what is great about this recipe, crispy chicken that is also juicy!
- 8 bone in Skin on chicken thighs
- 1/4c olive oil
- 7 tablespoons favorite spice rub- see mine below
- 8-9 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Pour olive oil into a shallow bowl
- Mix spices and cheese into a second shallow bowl
- Take 1 chicken thigh at a time and dip both sides in olive oil and then dip in the cheese/spice mixture. Cover well with the mix
- Place each chicken thigh on a wire rack that is nested in a sheet pan
- Drizzle any left over oil on chicken and left over spices can be patted on top.
- Once all pieces are coated, bake at 375 for 30 min or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Allow to cool on the rack for 5-10 min and then serve.
Helpful Equipment- sheet pan with edges, wire rack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 chicken thigh
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370
You can do this method with any type of chicken pieces, but my testing shows that the skin on bone in thighs turn out the juiciest and crispiest! If you want to scale the recipe, I find I need about 2 tablespoons mix for each chicken thigh.
Don’t forget to save those bones for your next batch of broth!
This recipe keeps well in the fridge and is beloved on salad, in eggs or in a good sweet potato hash in our house! Enjoy!
This is the mix I use in this recipe!
Serving Size:Spice rub
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10
I hope you love this crispy baked chicken as much as I do!
P.S. My seared broccoli would go great with this. I would fix it up while the chicken was in the oven!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.