I have been sharing tons of instant pot soups lately! Today’s paleo taco soup takes all the great parts of a taco and turn them into soup! So simple and quick in the instant pot. As I always say- no babysitting!
It’s no secret, tacos are the best food on the planet! But how many times can you get away with eating them each week? Instead merge taco night and soup night into one warm delicious dinner! This taco soup has all your favorite taco flavors, totally grain and gluten free! What’s even better? This soup practically cooks itself in the instant pot! After you cook the beef, you dump in the rest, set it and forget it!
Let’s get this taco soup cooking!
Paleo Taco Soup in the Instant Pot
Yield 5-6 large bowls
Have your favorite soup, taco soup on the double! The instant pot takes over dinner duty! Just saute the beef and then dump in the veggies!
- Turn the intant pot to Sauté, cook the beef in the instant pot- takes about 7-10min.
- While the beef sautes, dice the onions and peppers.
- After the beef is cooked, add the spices and salt. Then add 1 cup of water.
- Turn the pot off.
- Using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pot. Anything stuck or burnt on the bottom on the pot can cause the pot to not come to pressure. I let my beef sit in the water for a few minutes and then used my woodedn spatula to make sure the bottom was fairly clean.
- Add the onions, peppers, broth and tomatoes to the pot.
- Set the lid to sealing
- Lock the lid in place
- Set to cook at manual for 15 minutes
- You can either let the pot depressurize slowly or do a quick pressure release. If you do a quick release be careful. If liquid instead of steam comes out the top, stop right away.
- Serve while warm and top with some fresh cilantro and red onions. Some sour cream or avocado are are delicious as toppings.
- Store in an airtight container. I love these ones- perfect for reheating leftovers at work!
Helpful Equipment: Instant pot
**Note** I plug in all my ingredients into a nutrition calculator to get the total calories. For soups- I make my own broth and the calorie content of homemade broth is not easy to come upon. Just know I do my best to publish the most accurate information I can get!
Serving Size 1/5th of recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you have enjoyed my paleo taco soup! If you love tacos, you might like my lime cabbage slaw!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.