If you were a listener of my podcast, you may remember this episode with Adrea Fabrey where she spoke about the top 10 foods for beauty! One of those foods was SUGAR!
I was listening carefully, because if you can make it with food, I can probably make it myself DIY style. In comes the fall and I started experimenting with sugar scrubs. I work a lot with my hands, especially in the garden and this scrub has totally transformed my hands. I always have had dry, tight skin, from washing my hands so much and just being generally rough on them.
I leave this scrub next to the sink and I usually remember to use it once a day or so. If your hands are very dry, make the recipe below with one modification, add an extra tablespoon of oil. That will help your hands repair themselves a little faster!
This recipe uses lemon essential oil, which can eat away at plastic. Use a glass bowl and wooden spoon to mix and store in a glass jar. This fits in a 1/2 pint glass canning jar easily.
The Sugar Scrub Recipe – Time: 5 min!
- 1/4 cup sugar- I use this organic one I buy in bulk for this and Kombucha
- 3 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil. This is what I used
- 7 drops Lemon Essential Oil – I only use and recommend one brand on essential oils learn more here
- 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Helpful Equipment- wooden spoon, glass jar, glass bowl
- Measure out the sugar and oil and mix together
- Add the essential oils mix and store in a glass jar.
- Scoop out a small amount of the scrub onto your dry hands.
- Rub into your hands for a couple minutes- for easy cleanup, do this over a sink.
- Once your hands are mostly sugar free rinse your hands under lukewarm water- NOT hot water
- Pat your hands with a towel to dry
- The oil should absorb into your hands very quickly, just a minute or so.
- The peppermint and lemon are great for energizing and supporting healthy skin! I highly recommend this combination, but of course, you can use any essential oils you love!
Lemon essential oil supports the skin as well as the function of the liver, pancreas, and immune systems. It is a great choice for something you use often due to these qualities. You may also notice that the smell of the lemon is very uplifting! This makes is a perfect complement to peppermint oil, which is also invigorating to the mind! Peppermint is also cooling making this great for using in the hot summer months. Finally peppermint is great for supporting digestion! All these benefits from a simple sugar scrub.
Use this scrub at the sink, or in the shower! Just make sure to rinse off in lukewarm water and pat dry to let the oil soak in!
I hope you enjoy this simple homemade sugar scrub recipe!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.