Do you need meals to be easier? If so, cooking certain ingredients that you will use in bulk will make life so much easier. Think about being able to throw together flavorful meals with just a few steps! That is where making caramelized onions in a slow cooker comes in.
Maybe you don’t use a lot of caramelized onions in your everyday cooking. Let me give you a few ideas of how to use them. Any sandwich ever, tastes better with some sweet onions, burgers, scrabbles or omelets, my amazing onion dip and just about any cooked veggie side, like a roasted one pan meal or mashed potatoes! A lot of quick meals will taste even better and more flavorful with the addition of some caramelized onions.
Now that I have convinced you that you need to make caramelized onions in your slow cooker, let me show you how easy it is! I have also included a short video tutorial on how to make caramelized onions in a slow cooker below.
Let’s get cooking!
The Caramelized Onions In a Slow Cooker Recipe
Caramelized Onions in the Slowcooker
Yield 4 onions
Make a big batch ahead to add to eggs, sandwiches, soups, even salads this week!
- 4 Large sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut up the onions so they fit into your food processor. I cut my large onions into quarter or a little smaller since they were so large. See the video for examples.
- Chop the onions until small, I have a Bosch mixer with a slicer shredder attachment, as you can see in the video! Works great!
- Add the onions and butter to your slow cooker
- Stir once in a while for even cooking, about once ever two hours or so.
- Set your slow cooker to low and cook about 9 hours, until caramelized
- Store in a airtight tupperware, the onions are good for at least 10 days
Helpful Equipment-food processor/ slicer shredder, slow cooker
Courses Side dish
Serving Size 2 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you enjoyed this caramelized onion with a slow cooker recipe!
P.S. I highly recommend my caramelized onion dip as your first move after making these onions! So YUMMY
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.