Today I am so excited to share a spin off of a family favorite. Every year for Christmas breakfast my grandma would make baked grapefruit. I’ve put a fun little spin on it today with my honey baked grapefruit. Easy enough for weekdays, but special enough for holidays!
I came up with the idea for today’s honey baked grapefruit on kind of a whim. I knew I wanted to use grapefruits and remembered back to the delicious broiled grapefruits my grandma would make and I got inspired.
Warming up a grapefruit brings out all the delicious flavor and juices. Cold fruit in general is not the most flavorful thing, most fruit it best served at room temperature. Warming up the grapefruit brings the fruit to its full flavor potential and a little honey cuts the bitterness even the best grapefruits seem to have.
You can easily double, triple etc.. this recipe! It is so easy to make for a crowd and you can prep the honey topping the night before. Just set your oven to broil, assemble and go!
Honey Baked Grapefruit
Yield 2 grapefruit halves
The best darn way to enjoy grapefruit!
- 1 grapefruit halved
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 inch vanilla bean scraped
- 2 tbs toasted coconut flakes
- coconut oil or butter for greasing your bowl and measuring spoon.
- I like to grease anything honey is going to touch, it makes the honey slide out of the spoon or bowl. Less waste. I grease my spoon and a small bowl.
- Turn your oven to broil and let it get warmed up.
- In a small bowl mix the honey, coconut and vanilla bean insides.
- Cut your grapefruit in half and spread half of the honey mix on top of each half.
- Cover a baking sheet or pan with parchment and set the grapefruits on it, slide under the broiler for about 2 min. Watch them carefully so they don't burn.
- Serve and enjoy!
Helpful Equipment: My mom always cuts the fruit along the sections with this knife before adding the topping and broiling. It does make getting all the fruit easier!
Serving Size 1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this honey baked grapefruit recipe! I love to serve it as a light dessert, or with a brunch of baked eggs!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.