I am all about the instant pot and batch cooking lately. I literally just dumped in the ingredients for the gluten free beef stew and walked away. I have never been one to “meal prep” or really think ahead in the kitchen. I am just not organized in that way. BUT the instant pot is changing that, since I can cook a fairly large amount in such a small amount of time and do other things while it cooks. It’s like a slowcooker but way better!
If you love soups where you can just dump the ingredients in and walk away this if for you! I did not even brown the meat and this came out perfectly! Let’s get cooking!
Gluten Free Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
Yield 8 large bowls
No browning nessesary! Just dump all the ingredients in the pot and GO! Since this stew is made in a electric pressure cooker aka the Instant Pot, you can literally walk away while the soup cooks!
- 2 medium sweet onions- diced
- 1/2 pound Yukon gold potatoes, or similar, chopped- for keto sub with radishes
- 4oz mushrooms sliced
- 5 whole peeled carrots chopped into coins- reduce or omit for keto
- 4 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs salt
- 3-4 cups broth
- Dump all the ingredients into the pot.
- Pour about 3 cups broth into the pot. I put enough broth in to not quite cover the veggies and meat.
- Stir and add more broth if needed or desired. I like my stew to be chock full of veggies and meat. Make sure you don't fill the pot past the MAX FILL line.
- Make sure the lid vent is set to sealing.
- Hit manual and adjust time to 18 minutes.
- My pot took 24 minutes to come to pressure and my broth was fairly warm since I had just made it. For me my total cook time, was 42min. Remember you can walk away and do whatever you need to during that time. No babysitting 🙂
Helpful Equipment: Instant Pot
My pot took 24 minutes to come to pressure and my broth was fairly warm since I had just made it. For me my total cook time, was 42min.
Serving Size 1/8TH recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you have found this gluten free beef stew recipe helpful! If you are looking for more dump and walk away recipes with your instant pot try my Ham and Potato Soup!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.