Wondering how to cook chicken in your instant pot from frozen? The good news- you can take frozen chicken in the instant pot and turn it into dinner really really fast. I used and tested this recipe with chicken thighs and so I recommend you use that cut. Skin on bone in chicken thighs are easy to find and usually one of the cheaper cuts of chicken. If you use another cut, please let us know how it works in the comments section below!
The beauty of the instant pot for many is being able to take something frozen and have dinner on the table pretty dang fast. Believe it or not I’ve never cooked anything from frozen in my instant pot before. But tonight I was starving and all I had was some frozen chicken thighs. I always buy skin on bone in. I think you could easily sub boneless skinless thighs with the same result.
I shredded the instant pot chicken up, served it on a bibb lettuce leaf ( I get the 3 pack from Costco) and topped it with some shredded cheese and the primal kitchen dairy free ranch. One of my favorite condiments, and it’s made with healthy avocado oil. You can save and buy a three pack here! A perfectly healthy keto meal! Use coupon code GROK15 for 15% off!
Ready to get dinner? Frozen Chicken Instant Pot
Frozen Chicken Instant Pot- Pulled Chicken
Yield 4 chicken thighs
Make pulled chicken in a flash with chicken thighs and your instant pot! Use a few simple spices and a keto friendly dinner is on the table in no time.
- Add one cup water to your instant pot and cover with the trivet.
- Place the frozen chicken thighs skin side down on the trivet.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the chicken.
- Lock down the instant pot lid, set to sealing and cook under pressure for 20 min.
- Once the 20 minute pressure cook is done, let the chicken cool in the instant pot for 7 min and then carefully release the steam from the valve.
- Remove the skin and bone from the chicken and shred with a fork! Make sure you mix in some spices as your shredding to evenly season the meat!
Helpful Equipment: Instapot
Instant pot timing- As you may know timing with the instant pot is hard to measure in a recipe. I can give you the time to put the food under pressure but another factor is how long the pot takes to come to pressure. With my ingredients It took about 5 min for the pot to come to pressure. So 5 min + 20 min cook time and 7 min resting is an approximate total time of 32 Min!
Serving Size 1 chicken thigh
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I love making pulled chicken into tacos but it’s also great on salad. That’s the great thing about pulled chicken you can use it in tons of meals!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Frozen Chicken Instant Pot Recipe!
P.S.- Check out this instant pot Brussels Sprouts for a killer veggie side dish also in the instant pot!!