This week I had the wonderful Jennifer from 20 Something Allergies and Counting..Down on the show. If you don’t know Jennifer or her site, she is a health blogger and a nutrition therapy practitioner. In her own words…
My journey to real health began after the birth of my daughter. At 3 weeks old, she developed colic (another medical word like -itis for ‘I don’t know’). I found solace in the Internet after I learned that doctors had no real answers for me.
From mid 2008 to late 2010, we removed the regular SAD (Standard American Diet) foods from our house and replaced them with the dairy-free/gluten-free versions.
I hope you enjoy this episode! If you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment below!
– Or check out the player at the bottom of this post.
In this Episode we discuss:
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia
- The GAPS diet
- Food is bio-individual: everyone reacts differently
- AI Paleo- Autoimmune paleo protocol
- The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease, Heal Your Body
- Nutrition Therapy Partitioning
- How the body can heal itself- and why you sometimes needs outside help
- Why you should eat, even if the food isn’t the best
- Don’t restrict calories
- Focus on your gut
- Try dandelion tea, nettle tea or beet kvass- or all 3!
- Digestive Tonics
Let me know what you think of the episode in the comments!