This is the perfect recipe for fresh in season asparagus. I don’t even like asparagus and I gobble this down! This method preserves the cruch a bit, so no mushy veggies!
This is an amazingly simple recipe that has a great flavor. Go grab some fresh local asparagus at the store, it’s everywhere right now!
Credit goes to my husband for this recipe, well I think I should get some of the credit, I put asparagus on the grocery list. Right? Anyways to that recipe… delicious and easy, one special ingredient takes roasting to a whole new level.
Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus
- +/- 2 TBS Sesame oil
- Furikake (Looks for one in your asian food aisle, with only seasame seeds as the main ingredient)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degree
- Trim the woody ends from your asparagus
- Place asparagus on a baking dish and drizzle with the sesame oil
- Sprinkle liberally with Furikake
- Roast in the oven for 15 min
Look for furikake with clean ingredients, a lot have sugar and other not so good stuff!
Nutrition - 3 total carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/6th or recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 59 Total Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 2g
See how simple this is? The furikake is a sesame seed seasoning and adds an amazing savory flavor to the roasted asparagus. Give it a try, I bet you’ll love it!
P.S. Love a good steak? Try my Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Aioli!