I absolutely love cranberries! In fact I bought a few too many this year, since they are in season! I created this easy cranberry salad, that is so simple, yet bursting with flavor! This is not your grandmother’s cranberry salad!
Why is this easy cranberry salad so different? You take fresh cranberries and roast them! This makes them a touch sweeter and mixed with a little cinnamon and salt you get a super flavorful topping to your greens! I added some sunflower seeds and celery for crunch and a basic homemade dressing! This is a perfect lunch to make ahead or a fresh, healthy side for dinner!
Let’s get cooking!
- 6 cups spinach
- 4 cups lettuce
- 4 cups cranberries
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tbs honey ( optional, but it will be more tart)
- 1 tsp smoked or regular salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds - either raw or roasted salted your preferance
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons herb flavored olive oil ( sub in regular and add a pinch of Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs vinegar- apple cider or red wine work well
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- On a parchment lined baking sheet- spread out the cranberries in one layer
- Give the berries a light drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and cinnamon, and finally the honey.
- Shake the roasting pan a bit to get the ingredients all over the cranberries.
- Roast at 400 degrees about 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach, lettuce, celery, sunflower seeds and roasted cranberries to your salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon, vinegar and salt, whisk together and drizzle on the salad.
- Serve! If you want to keep leftovers, do not dress the salad as once dressed it won't keep!
You can use any combination of lettuce and greens you like!
If you wanted to make extra cranberries, they go very well in oatmeal!
You could change out the olive oil to melted coconut oil if you prefer for the cranberries.
Honey is optional if you are avoiding sweeteners, but does make the berries a little less tart!
Serving Size:1/4th recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 191
Easy Cranberry Salad in Summery:
- Roast the cranberries ahead or in bulk to save time!
- The roasted cranberries are a great addition to oatmeal, or even cookies!
- Use a simple dressing so the cranberry flavor can shine through!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this easy cranberry salad recipe!
P.S. if you are looking for another favorite way to cook with cranberries try my Spiced Apple and Pumpkin One Pan Dinner
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.