We all have those seasons of life that seem to get the better of us. Mind racing, speeding from one issue to the next. Always on offense! If I have learned anything from my time in the rat race of life, it’s how important rest and sleep is. When I am not getting mine, it’s not a pretty picture. In comes essential oils and sleep.
This can mean more than just getting to bed earlier. During the worst of the busy times, I often have trouble shutting off my brain and not mentally writing to do lists over and over. This is where my new favorite lotion comes in. I have experimented with a few different blends, but for me this has been amazing. I am rested and relaxed despite the stress of my job! I thought I would share in case you get a case of the DIY’s and want to make some nourishing homemade sleepytime lotion to help you get your rest too!
Every blend works on every person differently. If you know what is working for you sleep-wise, you can easily swap out the oils I recommend. I have some additional sleep supporting oils mentioned at the end you can also try. Don’t be afraid to experiment when learning about essential oils and sleep!
The Recipe – Time: 15min
- 1 tbs beeswax –> Where to find
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 10-15 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil I only use and recommend one brand on essential oils learn more here
- Fill a sauce pan with water and bring to a simmer
- In a glass or metal bowl over the simmering water- gently melt the coconut and beeswax. The wax can take some time to melt, so be patient and keep the heat low.
- Once melted remove bowl from the heat and place on a heat safe surface.
- Let cool for 2 min and whisk in the olive oil. It should be starting to firm up slightly.
- Whisk for about two minutes and add cedarwood essential oil.
- Whisk or use a hand mixer to blend until fluffy!
- Store in a glass jar
- Apply nightly to feet and legs to support restful sleep and silky soft feet. This is a heavy night cream a little goes a long way I use about a pea sized amount on each foot.
About Cederwood Essential Oil:
Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) essential oil’s woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma can be added to your favorite skin care products and applied topically. This essential oil includes sesquiterpenes and its powerful scent creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused. Cedarwood is an important ingredient in Brain Power™, Grounding™, Highest Potential™ Essential Oil Blends, and Cel-Lite Magic™ massage oil.
You can replace this oil with Frankincense, Lavender, StressAway or any combination you like!
Where to Buy Essential Oils for Wholesale Prices
There are many different places to purchase essential oils, but Young Living essential oils are the only ones I use in my home. If you’d like to read more about my essential oil journey, or learn how to purchase essential oils for yourself (at wholesale pricing!) click here.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoyed learning about Essential Oils and sleep!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.