Sometimes using up leftovers is a pain in the butt! My new favorite way to use up some of my HUGE batches of chili is this cornbread chili bake. It is super simple, and if you have chili on hand, it takes just a few minutes to whip up with gluten free cornbread dough and get this into the oven.
A cornbread chili bake is also perfect for a potluck, which is usually when I make it! Both my chili recipes on this site will work, but you can also use almost any other chili recipe you love. I do recommend that you use a thicker soup, if the chili is too runny it will be hard for the cornbread to bake on top!
To transport to a potluck I bake it, cover it in foil and place it in a hot/cold grocery bag like this one. I believe you can get these at most grocery stores, that is where I got mine. Also remember to bring a potholder. This dish stays warm!!
Let’s get cooking
The Cornbread Chili Bake Recipe
Cornbread Chili Bake
Leftover rehab! Cornbread chili bake to the rescue!
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- In your baking dish add the chili to come up half way up the sides, about 1 inch. This should be about 7-8 cups depending on what dish you use
- Take your cornbread dough and place around the top of the chili.
- I did about 10 scoops but you can do whatever works for you! You can see how I did it in the below photo.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cornbread comes out clean. It may take longer than 30 minutes depending on how you assemble the pan! Don’t sweat it!
Helpful Equipment: Large 9 by 13 inch baking dish, ice cream scoop
Cornbread Chili Bake in Summery:
- Great use for leftovers
- Perfect for a potluck
- Bake until cornbread is done, chili will be plenty hot
- Transport in foil, and a hot/cold bag laying it flat
I hope you enjoy this Cornbread Chili Bake!
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.