This week I have a bit of a special post to put out! I was so pleased to receive a copy of a new real food cookbook, from Lisa of 100 Days of Real Food! I’ve never done a book review before for A Real Food Journey, although I have been meaning to. I love cookbooks and I happen to own my fair share. I know I mentioned in a recent solo episode that we are re-doing our kitchen and it includes a bookshelf just for the collection! Spoiler alert, this book will have a coveted spot on my in kitchen shelf!
So let’s get to it, what did I love so much about this book, and what do I think others will appreciate?
Pictures – This book is chock full of amazing pictures, of real meals. While the photos are beautiful, it is clear the recipes aren’t going to be over your head. I’ve been cooking my entire life, and just the photos in some books make me feel intimated.
Lunches– I secretly love books geared towards kids. I know I’m not the only who still has to pack lunches for themselves? I have written about this struggle before, I am always looking for new and better lunch options. See these sweet lunches? I know my co-workers would be jealous if I started showing up with these!
Who is this book for? A few groups in particular come to mind.
- New cooks- Getting started on real food often means getting schooled in the kitchen. If you don’t have a ton of kitchen experience, it can be hard to cut out the processed foods, but this book can help. The recipes are not hard, and Lisa lays out the steps and uses normal grocery store ingredients.
- Families- Like I said about lunches above, they can be a complete pain in the you know what. If packing a lunch for yourself, or kids is a struggle I think this book is an amazing resource!
- You want to learn to make a few more things from scratch, there is great dips, snacks and even breads.
- You need some new cooking inspiration, a lot of these recipes are easy enough to become weeknight staples!
The book includes:
- 71 recipes are (or can easily be) Gluten-Free
- 79 recipes are (or can easily be) Vegetarian
- 49 recipes are (or can easily be) Dairy-Free
- 42 recipes are Freezer Friendly (my secret weapon when it comes to packing wholesome school lunches!)
I hope you will consider picking up a copy of 100 Days of Real Food and cooking up what’s inside! I highly recommend the book! I would never recommend something I didn’t love!! You can pick up the book at book stores near you and of course amazon.com!
100 Days of Real Food: How We Did It, What We Learned, and 100 Easy, Wholesome Recipes Your Family Will Love
Paid Endorsement Disclosure:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
However, I’m never going to recommend, or say anything that I don’t Love or completely believe in. Please rest assured that my deepest desire is to empower you to make the best choices for health and healing possible.
Our content is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis, treatment or advice. Information obtained from this site should never cause disregard or delay seeking advice or treatment from a medical or healthcare provider. We do encourage everyone do their own research before making informed decisions. Use of any information from the content of this site solely at your own risk.